In order to apply for the Foundation’s scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Your overall GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- College applicant’s major must be in technology, engineering, math, or metals.
- Trade school applicant’s must be in a program of Welding, Machine Shop, Mechatronics (or similar), Networking, Automation, or a technology based program. Undergraduate or Trade school programs only, no graduate or post-graduate programs.
- You must not have completed more than 5 years of undergraduate or trade school education.
- You must be registered or plan to be registered as a full-time student in your post-secondary program.
- Priority is given to students with-in 150-mile radius of Houston, PA.
- Priority is given to students attending a university within 150-mile radius of Houston, PA.
- You cannot be directly related to a current or former Board Member/Director/Officer of the James T. and Rose M. Perryman Family Foundation.
- You cannot be directly related to a current employee of the Perryman Company.
- You cannot be related to James T. or Rose M. Perryman.
- Video and essay required.
- A minimum of 2 letters of recommendation are required. Please note: The Perryman Family Foundation can not accept letters of reference from Perryman Company Employees or Perryman Family members.
- Finalist are required to complete an interview.
The scholarship amount awarded to each Perryman Scholar will vary. Our focus is to fund up to 97% of tuition capped at $25,000 per year.
We have approximately 8-10 scholarships for Spring 2020Apply Now